A complete, integrated PR package for client LiveU highlighting Sky News’ World Record-breaking 2015 UK general election coverage.
LiveU, with whom Jump has worked for four years, is the market leader in cellular bonding technology. 2014 saw Sky News think about how to move to the next level with its election coverage. As a result, the broadcaster partnered with LiveU for its 2015 general election coverage, delivering 138 live IP feeds from 150 key counts and constituencies countrywide for both broadcast and internet viewing.
LiveU provided 138 units to cover the counts of 150 constituencies across the UK. Sky News decided to capitalise on the spectacle of 138 simultaneous live feeds and built a brand new studio around the monitoring solution, from where it anchored its election programme.
The new studio enabled the production and technical teams, along with the results team, to see what was going on across all incoming feeds at all the critical counts and consistencies, as well as provide a dynamic backdrop to our election coverage.
As a result of all this effort, Sky News set a Guinness World Record for most concurrent live web streams for an event.
Brief: To provide complete PR coverage of the project on behalf of LiveU
The Jump team was instrumental in providing a complete PR package which comprised of the following key tasks:
- Pre-election press release
- Hiring of production company – Kit:Plus
- Arranging and attending filming of Sky News and LiveU training session
- Arranging and attending filming of Sky News dress rehearsal in the purpose-built studio
- Detailed interviews with the Sky News team and then the writing of a comprehensive case study published by Live Production
- Sourcing additional filmed material from Sky News
- Reviewing all filmed material and creating three treatments for three video case studies
- Time spent with the video editor to create the best case studies
- Post-election World Record press release.
- Sourcing of approval for all the above material
“Jump created a complete promotional package around our hugely successful UK general election project. This entailed managing the production of three video case studies, including defining the structure of each one, organising and attending the filming opportunities and sitting with the editor. The Jump team also worked with Sky News to write a comprehensive case study as well as two press releases. The results echoed the scale of the project and have allowed us to really pro-actively promote what we achieved. Very impressive.”
Ronen Artman, VP of Marketing, LiveU.